Flashback – 30 Years…

“Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” …

― Kahlil Gibran

It was a good day. There were doubts in the mind of a 20-something girl on August 11, 1989. There was still more work to be done, more education, more fun, and of course, the love of independence. However, she realised, and so did her family, that finding a soulmate is once in a lifetime opportunity. Reluctant at first, but she was a happy bride on this day, thirty years ago (February 27, 1990).

And what a life. There was whirlwind, hiccoughs, adventure, love, and loads of fun, all in six years.

At the wedding hall, sitting on the dais, the young couple was happy and dreamy. A match made in heaven did not seem a cliché. The first six years passed pretty quickly, bestowing me with a gift of two wonderful children, and in its wake, bequeathing a lifetime of love, friendships, and memories.

Thirty years did not go by in a jiffy or at the snap of the fingers. The short-lived togetherness and the long years of being alone – it was indeed an eternity. The only result is the love of two amazing children, of the life lived in those six years, of the numerous anecdotes still being shared, and the sweetness of many friendships created for a lifetime.

Always celebrating, every year in remembrance. What a day it was when so many people came together to unite two soulmates that even made the angels envious.

Here’s to the 30th anniversary and counting.

“Though lovers be lost, love shall not; And death shall have no dominion.

― Dylan Thomas

||Sarvam Sri Krishna Arpanamastu||

About sarikananda

Hello to all the readers and fellow bloggers. I am Sarika Nanda and I welcome you to my blog. I am based out of the national capital of India. I am new to blogging and to writing. My posts are my contemplations on varied topics. I hope to publish something of interest for most of my readers. Hoping to follow the rule of brevity without compromising on the essence of the thought, I will try to write without hurting any sentiments and sensibilities. My writings are my own, and any thoughts picked from another source will carry the source information or acknowledgement. I sincerely hope to see more and more followers and support in the coming days. Happy Reading. Sarika Nanda
This entry was posted in Personal Files and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Flashback – 30 Years…

1. Sanjay Anand says:

God Bless, May you continue to prosper, always

On Thu, 27 Feb 2020 at 14:49, sarikanandacerebrate wrote:

> sarikananda posted: ” “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth > until the hour of separation.” … ” >

Liked by 1 person

2. Aditi says:

Lovely… you always inspire me… 😀

Liked by 1 person

3. Anju Kohli says:

Happy anniversary sarika…what a beautiful way to celebrate the wonderful day in your life. A loving memory. Recently it was my parents wedding anniversary and I wished my mother so. She was amazed as it’s been imbibed in us that such anniversaries have a meaningful ng when both , husband n wife, are there. Since my father is no more, she said in a hushed tone….but he is not there! I said, but we are there because of you! So it’s a happy day for us.
    As you grow older, you question so many happenings around you. Memories are meant to be celebrated….laugh, respect and celebrate.

Liked by 2 people

4. Anonymous says:

You have left me speechless, Sarikaji. I admire your courage. My wishes and much love 💕💕💕

Liked by 1 person

5. samira0894 says:

Really Sarika, hats off to you! You have expressed your emotions so well, direct dil-se.
    God Bless you and your family. 🙏

Liked by 1 person

6. Deepa says:

No words to express Sarika ,you’ve poured your heart out and it touched each cord of our heart..More power to you and your two wonderful angels ..God bless you all always

Liked by 1 person

7. Anonymous says:

You have expressed your emotions in too less words.It touched my heart and dear you r very brave and strong woman.Hats off to you